mlbright's shared items

M-L's occasional ramblings.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Shins

I didn't post in the entire month of January 2007. This is a record low, even though my three readers probably haven't noticed since I don't post frequently anyway.

Much has happened since 2006. I went to France before Christmas with Lemon. We had a smashing time. I hoped to post about our adventures, but so far I only have pictures, a few notes and a old Michelin map with our Parisian touristic footprint. Something to Google map.

Most of my blog post ideas fall by the wayside as I daydream at work: I can't access Blogger and quickly upload them as any serious blogger would.

Anyway...

As you know, I'm not up to date on most things pop culture these days, but
I've listened to the new album by The Shins, entitled "Wincing the
night away". It's quite smashing. Think of The Smiths, slightly more
pop, much less self-indulgent.

If there's anything better out there right now, I welcome your recommendations.

1 comment:

Genet said...

If you feel like an enchantingly depressed European woman (as I often do) you should check out 'El Perro del Mar'. Imagine a girly, sedated Scandinavian Beach Boys tribute band that has only one member.