mlbright's shared items

M-L's occasional ramblings.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

V-Dub in da haus

My blog makes me look like a serious, frustrated person. I am these, but I also like to laugh.

Check out this.

I have to watch these commercials at least once a day to hold down my sanity tip.

Also (indirectly about Deutschland), the FIFA world cup is coming in 36 days. If you like football/soccer, this is not news, and you're getting more excited by the minute. However even for you non-footballers out there, nike soccer has a bunch of videos that are absolutely insane.

The dorky French promoter guy in the clips is Eric Cantona of 1990s Manchester United fame.

4 comments:

Genet said...

Techno + Efficiency + Tendancies Towards Totalitarianism + Black Blazer and Lime Green Tie with Red Tapered Jeans + "Naturalists" + Deviant Sexual Fetishes = Popular perception of Deutschland (at least popular in the Coles Notes section of my brain).

I'm kinda excited about the World Cup. I like that the whole city becomes wrapped up in it and spontaneously combusts.

PDD said...

I have an outstanding commercial for you. I think it's german. No one speaks German and nothing is said but there is some text which looks German.

I don't have your email address.

If you want email me at: i-heart-pinky@hotmail.com and I'll send it to you. This is my blogger email.

Good Day

WhipSlyme said...

Did you see the FA Cup Final??

Martyloo said...

Unfortunately, I didn't see the FA Cup final because it isn't shown here unless you pay-per-view it... I don't understand it. People are distracted. Something about the Stanley Cup playoffs. Canada simply isn't a footballing nation just yet.

The story is different in Toronto, where during the World Cup, people go nuts. I'm also pleased to write that Toronto (and Canada) have its first MLS team,
Toronto FC.