mlbright's shared items

M-L's occasional ramblings.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Genet forces me to divulge my musical tastes...

... And to see if I actually have 7 friends who have blogs. Or even if I have 7 friends. (Is a friend a friend if the friend doesn't blog?)

Here's the deal:

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to."

Genet, you couldn't have chosen a better week to get a weird list out of me. I managed to save my friend Dali's hard drive from total destruction, and copied all of his music in the process, about 40 GB worth. So 7 songs is very limiting. But I'll restrict myself to 7 songs that really had an impact on me this week, for whatever reason: maximum effect per unique "impression" of the song. In no particular order:

1. Chopin - 2 Nocturnes, Opus 48

Hauntingly beautiful.

2. Dave Brubeck Quartet - Stardust

Smooth as silk.

3. Hot Hot Heat - Middle Of Nowhere

Pop that's really catchy. This is what The Killers secretly want to be.

4. Zero 7 - Polaris

Coooooool.

5. Metric - Dead Disco

ROCK

6. Wham - Everything She Wants

Best of the eighties.

7. Fantastic Plastic Machine - Black Dada

Weird and funky.

Genet's got Depeche Mode and Miss Kittin on his list: coincidentally, I listened to both this week after not doing so in a long time.

3 comments:

PDD said...

I love "Everything She Wants".

I love Wham. Always have.

Genet said...

Good list, M-L. Good call on the Metric... love that song.

Genet said...

Oh, and to clarigy, I didn't "force" you to do anything... Why are you so hostile?