mlbright's shared items

M-L's occasional ramblings.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

subway grooming

I haven't posted much in the last little while... I'm either becoming boring or less full of myself. However, I do have to mention something that bugged me today, and I'm hereby warning you that I may sound slightly embittered. I'm not sure if I'm more sensitive to the behaviour of the general public than before, but I got really pissed when someone started to cut their nails on the subway.

Tonight I was staring at advertising when to my left I heard the click, click, click of someone cutting their nails with a nail cutter. It was a middle-aged middle-class lady, and after cutting she started filing. Her sense of style was difficult to describe but she looked like she could have eagerly shopped at the "Rainbows 'n' Things" store inside Yonge-Sheppard subway station, which mostly sells "Cheap Handbags 'n' Shit".

What is wrong with people? I was thinking I should start plucking my nosehairs on the subway. Or shaving. That's appropriate!

Also, apparently the new fad is to slow down to a snail's pace and plant yourself in the subway door threshold when there's a million people trying to get on behind you. WTF? People: move your fat Galapagos turtle asses out of the way so others whose heads aren't in the clouds can pass you. No one else cares if you've had an epiphany reading the subway map.

2 comments:

PDD said...

LOL!!

Sometimes I give myself a haircut on the subway. (Ask Genet, he knows I am my own barber) Sometimes I rape people on the subway, and subsequently get abortions, which have never been performed on the subway, but I am thinking about a potential way in order to cut time. As they say, time is money. And hangers pose health risks and are frowned upon by intellectuals.

PDD said...

Yes, beat that baby out of my stomach!