mlbright's shared items

M-L's occasional ramblings.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Anthropologie"


"Anthropologie"
Originally uploaded by martyloo.
I took a trip to California in 2003 and I finally dug up the pics. Here's one of the more banal shots but...what a name for a retail chain.

Ooohh it's French, it must be must be sophisticated. And cultured. It has to be, right? By definition. Are the sales people leathery hominid beatniks who try to upsell the latest mammoth hair loincloths and fossils? (Will they kill me with blow darts if they find out I've taken this picture, thereby stealing their souls?)

I have an idea! I'll call my café "Scatologie", and it'll be hip, swank and earthy.

2 comments:

Genet said...

barphologie

PDD said...

Oh, I think I see Madox and Zahara in the window entranced with Stichomancy.